If you have not yet seen Sen. Tom Coburn’s annual list of government waste, prepare to scream:
• Swedish massages for rabbits: $387,000
• Teaching Mountain Lions to Ride a Treadmill: $856,000
• Studying how many times “hangry” people stab a voodoo doll: $331,000
• Studying the gambling habits of monkeys: $171,000
• Producing the children’s musical: Zombie in Love: $10,000
• Funding a “Stoner Symphony”: $15,000
• Subsidizing Alpaca Poop: $50,000
• Synchronized Swimming for Sea Monkeys: $307,524
• Produce a “Hallucinatory” Roosevelt/Elvis show: $10,000
• Funding Climate Change Alarmist Video Game: $5.2 million
• Teaching Kids to Laugh: $47,000
• Developing a real-life Iron Man Suit: $80 million
• Tweeting at Terrorists: $3 million
• Predicting the End of Humanity: $30,000
• Funding Kids Dressing Like Fruits and Vegetables: $5 million
• Help Parents Counter Kids’ Refusals to Eat Fruits and Veggies: $804,254
• Lost electronic devices from NASA: $1.1 million
• Studying if Wikipedia is Sexist: $202,000
• Asking heavy drinkers not to drink through text message: $194,090
• Government Funded Ice Cream: $1.2 million
Defying a veto threat, the Republican-controlled House voted Tuesday night to slice federal spending by $6 trillion and require a constitutional balanced budget amendment to be sent to the states in exchange for averting a threatened Aug. 2 government default.
As the House passes this bill, a real bill, to the Senate…..
President Obama throws in some plan (Gang of 6 or maybe 7) to divert attention and muddy the water – something that is not even close to being a piece of legislation. It’s just some “outline” almost as if somebody jotted some ideas down on a postit note. Smoke and mirrors. He says he now wants to start “talking turkey.” Very funny.
Republicans blowing smoke and playing ball with Obama here are Tom Coburn, Mike Crapo, and Saxby Chambliss. And waiting in the wings is Mitch McConnell also propping up Obama if necessary.
What will the Senate do with a real piece of legislation? Of course, President Obama has already declared that if it does pass, he will veto it. So what? Then he would be responsible for shutting down the government. Cowards, they are pure cowards on the Hill – call his bluff. Send it to him and let him veto it. Why is this so hard? I think the establishment republicans are just stupid. Stupid or Corrupt to the bone. Probably both.
234 – 190: How they voted here http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/by-the-numbers-the-house-cut-cap-and-balance-act-vote/2011/07/19/gIQAJhNlOI_blog.html?wprss=2chambers
Posted: 07.20.11 @ 09:08 a.m.